John O’Connor is an optometry Auckland family operated and owned business that was established in 1978. They are backed by a reputation that is associated with professional and friendly services along with quality products. For the convenience of their customer’s, the optometry practices located in Henderson and Newmarket are open from Monday through to Saturday.
Optometry Auckland only use internationally renowned and superior quality HOYA lenses. To maximise turnaround times, all the lenses are directly sourced from a local HOYA laboratory based in Mt Eden.
At only $65, the eye examinations are both comprehensive and affordable. The eye checks are inclusive of prescription updates along with a comprehensive eye-health check used to detect conditions such as macular degeneration (age-related), cataracts and glaucoma.
Optometry Auckland, use frame buyers that have industry knowledge that is extensive that choose their ranges with care to match up to unique styles along with fashion requirements. The designer brands that are international like Lacoste, Adidas, Emilio Pucci, Dior, Armani, Hugo Boss and Fendi form a part of their array of frame collections.
What Is Included With An Eye Examination?
- Eye history of the patient to determine risk factors and concerns
- Prescriptions for either contact lenses or glasses
- Eye co-ordination assessment for issues like computer-related eyestrain
- Eye-pressure check and glaucoma testing
- Eye health assessment
- Slit-lamp evaluation that assesses eye infections, cataracts, eye allergies, dry eyes, red eye along with contact-lens suitability
When the consultation is complete, Optometry Auckland discuss the results with the patient and suggest suitable solutions for the visual requirements of the patient. Some of these options might include contact lenses and eye glasses.
In some cases, the optometrist might recommend further testing that will check for retinal diseases, diabetes along with other related eye conditions. Other tests that are recommended that use specialised equipment involve retinal cameras, visual-field machines, along with corneal topographers that screen for diabetes, glaucoma, or other eye-conditions like keratoconus.
Contact Lens Fitting
Optometry Auckland are experienced professionals that have extensive knowledge when it comes to eye care. This is the guide they use to recommend contact lenses for their customers that offer the best vision, eye health and comfort. A customised contact-lens fitting includes:
- The optometrist will asses trial lenses to guarantee the correct fit.
- The optometrist provides personalised training for the new wearers to make sure the patient is confident when it comes to caring for their lenses.
- The necessary follow-up along with care.
Types Of Contact Lenses
- 1-Day, 2-Week or Monthly wear lenses
- Speciality lenses like orthokeratology, multifocal, and RGPs
- Toric lenses used for correcting astigmatism
Contact Lens Subsidy
The government in New Zealand offers a subsidy that covers the examination fee, fitment and purchase for contact lenses for specific types of eye conditions like long sightedness (high hyperopia), short-sightedness (high myopia), keratoconus along with anisometropia, which is a significant prescription difference in each eye. The optometrists at John O’ Connor are able to advise their customers if they are eligible.